Monday, June 1, 2015

White Beans in Limelight

Hungry folks, how are you?
I am so sorry! When I logged onto my blog-account today, I had to confront myself with the shocking fact that it's been about two months since my last post! God, time flies, right?
But, good news, I am right at the beginning of long, hopefully warm and sunny, semester-holidays! 
And, believe me, I could really use them right now! I am (almost) totally yours for the time coming! (At least in nutritional terms)


Looking back on the last few weeks, I see an seemingly unending rollercoaster with tons of loopings, ups and downs (Although, when using this kind of metaphor I am never sure if the ups stand for the positive or the downs,  for on rollercoasters it is actually the downs you crave, is it not? Well, never mind.) and, well, I admit it, super-.unhealthy nutrition and little sport. 

But, guys, I am back on track with a huge bag of healthy recipes, a heavy workout-plan, soon-to-be muscle-aches and a soon-to-be Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Body (Be glad you do not see me, can the Terminator even cook?).


The recipe I created for you guys today shall manifest that impressingly. At least I hope so. I will from now on cherish the following foods:
*fruit
*veggies
*seeds
*nuts
*legumes
*raw cocoa
*fish
Of course that means that you, hungry fellows, are gonna be affected by all this, too. But I promise you colourful, light, reviving and refreshing as well as inspiring summer-recipes!
Such as this super-healthy lunch here:

Cucumber-Avocado-Salad and Egg, topped with Coconut-White-Bean-Lime-Dressing and Curry-Agave-Roasted Cashews


ingredients:

1/2 cucumber in juliennes
1 boiled egg
1/2 avocado
1 handful cashews
100 g cooked white beans
1 dl coconut milk
1 lime, zest and juice
1 tablespoon agave syrup
1 teaspoon curry powder
2 teaspoons cumin
salt, pepper

preparation:

1. blend the white beans, 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder, 1 teaspoon of cumin, coconut milk, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice in a mixer
2. roast cashews with agave syrup, 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder, 1 teaspoon of cumin and some salt
3. finely slice avocado
4. arrange the eggs on a bed of cucumber juliennes and avocado, top with roasted cashews and white-bean-dressing


See you, people! Say Hi to summer if you should happen to see him and send him over to Switzerland!
xoxo, Flo

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by eating Coconut Fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete