Hey there! Doing fine, beloved cookery-addicts?
For once, I will leave away all the moaning and complaining about my personal boredom and the frustrating weather. Because, first of all, I am going on a short trip to Boston next week (see you there, US-readers!), which leaves me with utter pleasant anticipation instead of boredom and, secondly, I really want to get straight to the superawesomely colourful recipe I brought along today!
What you see here is another attempt at eating healthy AT LEAST every once in a while. And another attempt at making this blog seem exemplary. But don't worry, sweet-tooths, I'll hide a very rich and sweet recipe soon again on this blog. So, honest as I am I need to admit that my everyday diet does not at all look as "comme il faut" as this beautiful dish here. But I guess you knew that already.
And whenever I want to prepare a healthy meal, I decide to go for Asian-style. Preparing it that way, with all the lovely scents Asian Kitchen offers (lemongrass, lime, ginger, garlic and sesame, in this case), even the healthiest dish tastes like a feast.
And so I grabbed all the veggies I could find in our tiny little kitchen, bumped into a lovely piece of smoked salmon on my way and met a few sticks of lemongrass and: born was the idea of a new recipe!
So here is my superhealthy, superfresh, supercolourful, supereasy, supertasty (superwhatever, insert a suitable adjective of your choice) lunch-recipe for you:
tepid cucumber-pepper-avocado-salad with cilantro-yogurt, smoked salmon and sesame-lime-garlic dressing
ingredients (2 people)
4 mini cucumbers
200 g smoked salmon
6 tablespoons yogurt
1 handful cilantro
0.5 dl sesame oil
3 tablespoons sesame seeds
3 garlic cloves
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1 stick lemongrass
1/2 teaspoon gingerpaste or fresh ginger
1. preheat a pan with 4 tablespoons sesame oil and finely slice cucumbers, lemongrass and pepper, then roast them for about 4 minutes together with sesame seeds and 2 pressed garlic cloves,
2. deglaze with 3 tablespoons soy sauce and put aside
3. mix lime juice with sesame oil, add 1 pressed garlic clove, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and ginger paste and stie well
4. miy yogurt with hashed cilantro and pepper
5. slice the avocado finely
6. arrange everything on a plate and top with dressing and yogurt! If you miss the carbohydrates, enjoy with rice or soba-noodles!
SEE YOU, PEOPLE! Stay as healthy as possible! ;-)