Hello guys! Happy new year! (Sorry for this one, I guess you can't hear it anymore by now, can you?)
I must admit that, once again, the frame conditions of my recipe today are not quite creative. It's healthy, light and vegan. And, tell me, who does not preach healthy, light and vegan food after Christmas?
I have stopped having resolutions for the coming year a long time ago. But nonetheless I like to use the first day of the new year to start afresh in terms of nutrition. And after tender parlinés and crunchy cookies, mellow meat and tons of melted cheese for Christmas, "to start afresh" logically means "to eat healthy again".
So, in hope that you are also kinda swimming with the tide at the moment AND in even greater hope that you are not fed up with fireworks, I created a vegan, superhealthy, colourful and tasty vitamin-fireworks-salad for you today!
Although it's as healthy as can be, it won't harm you, I promise!
rocket-peppercress-salad with avocado, roasted pepper, tomato, cucumber and carrot, topped with agave-roasted kernels and mustard-lemon-dressing
ingredients (2 people):
2 handful of rocket
1 handful of peppercress
8 cherry tomatoes
2 baby cucumbers
4 baby carrots
1 large lemon
6 tablespoons kernels
0.75 dl olive oil
1 garlic clove
2 teaspoons mustard
2 teaspoons agave syrup
1. preheat a pan with some olive oil, cut lemon in two halves and cut off two thin slices, then roast the lemon slices golden brown and put aside
2. slice pepper and roast golden brown in the same pan, put aside
3. Last but not least, roast the kernels with 1 teaspoon agave syrup and some salt and pepper
4. Mix juice of the lemon with 0.75 dl olive oil, mustard, pressed garlic clove, 1 teaspoon agave syrup, salt and pepper
5. slice carrots, avocado tomatoes and cucumbers
6. arrange everything on a plate, sequence doesn't play a role, however, I'd advise you not to put the sauce on the plate first ;-)
However unhealthy you might have been feeling after Christmas, you will definitely forget all your worries when eating this salad!
Anyways, despite the superhealthy feeling I got now, I guess I should take up sports again, right?
Whatever, I hope you guys had a pleasant start into the new year and I wish you all the best (and most tasty and healthy meals) for the time coming!
See you soon!